1. Get to know your investor before asking for funding. understand the investor and present the information, the style of the pitch, in a way the investor wants it.
2. Know your market and your customer . What value will your product bring to the customer?
3. Be ambitious – not conservative…. This is about investing in a disruptive technology…. Its not a me too business…. It’s a binary play … o or won!
4. Management and skills of the team is key. The product can be great… but if you have a shit team… you can kiss your investment goodbye. Ideally find someone who has done this before.
5. Know your 30 second pitch. Know your “why” “what” “who” and ” how”
6. Know your numbers
7. This needs to be globally scalable!
8. Needs to be a pain killer and not a vitamin
9. Pitch the benefits to the client not the features of the product
10. How much money I am going to make and by when?